snow noun (WEATHER)
Let's go and play in the snow!
- The snow came down during the night.
- By morning there was a light covering of snow.
- Many villages have been cut off by the heavy snow.
- There was a dusting of snow on the lawn.
- Snow had been falling steadily all day.
snow noun (DRUG)
snow verb (WEATHER)
It's starting to snow.
be snowed in
- It had snowed heavily during the night and in the morning the garden was a white fairyland.
- Do you think it will snow this Christmas?
- I love it when it snows.
- It very rarely snows in October.
- It snowed heavily all day.