soccernoun [ U ]uk /ˈsɒk.ər/ us /ˈsɑː.kɚ/ mainly US UK usually football
- The fierce tribal loyalty among soccer supporters leads to violence between opposing fans.
- The soccer fans indulged their patriotism, waving flags and singing songs.
- The footballer Paul Gascoigne is to host a Channel 4 television series on soccer skills
- I've never been much of a soccer fan.
- Did you play soccer at school?
- It was bigger than two soccer fields.
- Soccer, basketball, tennis, and other sports now attract more spectators.
- There has also been a Robo-One soccer match.