soleadjective [ before noun ]uk /səʊl/ us /soʊl/
C1 being one only; single:
- The company's sole concern is to ensure the safety of its employees.
- In most of these cases, the woman is the sole earner in the family.
- Letters whose sole purpose is to make a political point will not be published.
- He was the sole survivor of the plane crash.
- The sole British runner, White Knight, was unplaced.
solenoun [ C ]uk /səʊl/ us /soʊl/
sole noun [ C ] (FOOT)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
sole noun [ C ] (FISH)
soleverb [ T ]uk /səʊl/ us /soʊl/
› to put a new sole on a shoe
suffix uk / -səʊld/ us / -soʊld/