Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
Examples from literature
- Are doctors heroes when they save somebody’s life?
- In many countries, when somebody becomes an adult, they have a party.
- Is a firefighter a hero when he or she helps somebody leave a burning house?
- It can be a friend or somebody in your family.
- Somebody paid a million dollars for a parking space!
- When a snake bites somebody, it puts venom into the person’s body.
Someone, somebody, something, somewhereSomeone, somebody, something, somewhere are indefinite pronouns. They function in a similar way to some. We use them in affirmative clauses and in questions expecting a particular answer. We can use them to refer to both general and specific people or things. We use them with a singular verb: …