Is there something you'd like to say?
Don't just stand there, do something.
There's just something strange about him.Note: Something is not usually used in negatives and questions.
- I saw something move out of the corner of my eye.
- She seems to wear something different every day.
- There's something special about him.
- She leaned over and whispered something in his ear.
- If it doesn't work, try something else.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
Someone, somebody, something, somewhereSomeone, somebody, something, somewhere are indefinite pronouns. They function in a similar way to some. We use them in affirmative clauses and in questions expecting a particular answer. We can use them to refer to both general and specific people or things. We use them with a singular verb: …