sorryadjectiveuk /ˈsɒr.i/ us /ˈsɔːr-/
sorry adjective (SAD)
sorry adjective (APOLOGY)
sorry adjective (SAYING NO)
- I'm sorry, I totally disagree with you.
- I'm sorry, madam, the restaurant is fully booked.
- I'm sorry, madam, but we have to go by the rules.
- I'm sorry, but you'll just have to wait your turn like everybody else.
- I'm sorry, but I'm too busy to help you now - I can only do one thing at a time.
sorry adjective (BAD CONDITION)
sorryexclamationuk /ˈsɒr.i/ us /ˈsɔːr-/
sorry exclamation (APOLOGY)
sorry exclamation (POLITE NEGATIVE)