soul noun (SPIRIT)
B2 [ C ] the spiritual part of a person that some people believe continues to exist in some form after their body has died, or the part of a person that is not physical and experiences deep feelings and emotions:
- She's one of those people who puts their heart and soul into their work.
- The priest said he was endangering his immortal soul.
- Some people think the soul, unlike the body, is incorruptible.
- Great literature is balsam to the soul.
- I have a sense that we all do have a soul.
soul noun (DEEP FEELINGS)
soul noun (MUSIC)
soul noun (PERSON)
She's a happy little soul.