spaceshipnoun [ C ]uk /ˈspeɪs.ʃɪp/ us /ˈspeɪs.ʃɪp/
- A spaceship must match its speed before it can connect with the station.
- Does it sound unlikely that spaceships full of miners may someday travel to outer space?
- In 1865, the French writer Jules Verne published a novel about three men who traveled in a spaceship to the moon.
- In addition, your spaceship needs enough room in it to bring the valuable minerals back to Earth.
- Just over one hundred years later, the USA successfully sent its three-man Apollo 11 spaceship to the surface of the moon.
- Obviously such a journey for humans would be a voyage of no return, and is presently impossible without a way of producing the necessary air, food, and equipment on the spaceship.