specialadjectiveuk us /ˈspeʃ.əl/
special adjective (NOT USUAL)
- The informative asides about rural life make this wine guide rather special.
- I would like to say a big thankyou to everyone who's helped to make our wedding such a special occasion!
- The hotel has a special discount rate for newlyweds.
- I have a suit but I only wear it on special occasions.
- Her voice is OK, but it's nothing special.
- alternative lifestyle
- be marked out as sth idiom
- be one in a million idiom
- be one of a kind idiom
- larger than life idiom
special adjective (PARTICULAR)