speciallyadverbuk us /ˈspeʃ.əl.i/ (also especially)
specially adverb (VERY)
specially adverb (FOR ONE PURPOSE)
- The generously proportioned singer has to have all his garments specially made.
- I'll lend you a bag for your trip - it'll save you buying one specially.
- A series of sorties was carried out at night by specially equipped aircraft.
- The dogs are specially trained to follow the trail left by the fox.
- The aircraft base is protected with specially designed shelters which are built to withstand ground and air attacks.