spendingnoun [ U ]uk /ˈspen.dɪŋ/ us /ˈspen.dɪŋ/
- The government and the opposition parties have clashed over the cuts in defence spending.
- The government is trying to control spending.
- With the housing market picking up and consumer spending buoyant, it appears that the feelgood factor has returned.
- The prime minister has announced that public spending will be increased next year.
- There was a modest rise in high-street spending last month.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: