spitenounuk /spaɪt/ us /spaɪt/
spite noun (DESPITE)
- In spite of unification, the country was still faced with the daunting prospect of overcoming four decades of division.
- In spite of the scale of the famine, the relief workers struggled on with dauntless optimism and commitment.
- In spite of its election success, the government is still deeply distrusted on key health and education issues.
- In spite of our best endeavours, it has proven impossible to contact her.
- Jane's been unfaithful to Jim three times, but he still loves her in spite of everything.
spite noun (HURT)
spiteverb [T]uk /spaɪt/ us /spaɪt/