sponsorverb [ T ]uk /ˈspɒn.sər/ us /ˈspɑːn.sɚ/
- I'll sponsor you for £10 - it's all in a good cause.
- I've sponsored her £1 for every mile that she runs.
- We're trying to find companies to sponsor us.
- The event was sponsored by several local businesses.
- I'm trying to get people at work to sponsor me to do a hundred-mile cycle.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
noun [ C ] uk us
noun [ U ] uk /ˈspɒn.sə.ʃɪp/ us /ˈspɑːn.sɚ.ʃɪp/
- corporate sponsorship
- They are hoping to attract a lucrative sponsorship deal.
- Schools are being encouraged to look for business sponsorship for sports teams.
- They are demanding restrictions on tobacco sponsorship of sporting events.
- We are looking for local sponsorship.