approving She's such a spontaneous, lively woman.
- I am certain both these statements were spontaneous and genuine.
- The audience broke into spontaneous applause.
- What happened was not a spontaneous outburst of violence.
- This was a spontaneous outpouring of emotion.
- We had no plans to do it - it was a spontaneous thing.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- ad hoc
- ad lib
- against (all) the odds/against all odds idiom
- all at once idiom
- all of a sudden idiom
- it's just one of those things idiom
- just like that idiom
- make sth up as you go along idiom
- muddle along
- undreamed of
noun [ U ] uk /ˌspɒn.təˈneɪ.ə.ti/ us /ˌspɑːn.tənˈeɪ.ə.t̬i/ approving