spray noun (LIQUID)
- She could feel the spray from the water on her skin.
- I don't like using sprays in my garden.
- Do you use any sprays on your hair?
- Some hair conditioners comes in the form of sprays.
- If you use this nasal spray, your nose should clear a bit.
spray noun (FLOWERS)
sprayverb [ I or T, usually + adv/prep ]uk /spreɪ/ us /spreɪ/
- Hooligans had sprayed paint all over the car.
- She sprayed red paint all over his car in one last vengeful act before leaving him for good.
- She turned on the hose and a jet of water sprayed across the garden.
- The woman next to me sprayed on some perfume and stank out the whole shop .
- She sprayed conditioner into my hair.