spreadverb [I or T]uk /spred/ us /spred/ (spread)
spreadnounuk /spred/ us /spred/
spread noun (AREA COVERED)
- The chief problem we have in the area now is the spread of disease.
- The government is trying to allay public fears about the spread of the disease.
- The treatment has so far done little to arrest the spread of the cancer.
- The mountains acted as a natural barrier to the spread of the disease.
- The Swedes are not alone in finding their language under pressure from the ubiquitous spread of English.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
spread noun (SOFT FOOD)
spread noun (MEAL)
spread noun (DIFFERENCE)