springnounuk /sprɪŋ/ us /sprɪŋ/
spring noun (SEASON)
- Cutting the bush back in the autumn will help promote vigorous growth in the spring.
- The short hemline is very much in vogue this spring.
- We decided to have a spring break in Paris.
- The blackbird, like most birds, breeds in the spring.
- The papers are predicting that the prime minister will call an election in the spring.
spring noun (CURVED METAL)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
spring noun (WATER)
springverb [I usually + adv/prep]uk /sprɪŋ/ us /sprɪŋ/ sprang or US also sprung, sprung
spring verb [I usually + adv/prep] (MOVE QUICKLY)
spring verb [I usually + adv/prep] (APPEAR SUDDENLY)