spring noun (SEASON)
A2 [ C or U ] the season of the year between winter and summer, lasting from March to June north of the equator, and from September to December south of the equator, when the weather becomes warmer, leaves and plants start to grow again and flowers appear:
- Cutting the bush back in the autumn will help promote vigorous growth in the spring.
- The short hemline is very much in vogue this spring.
- We decided to have a spring break in Paris.
- The blackbird, like most birds, breeds in the spring.
- The papers are predicting that the prime minister will call an election in the spring.
spring noun (CURVED METAL)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words