stakenoun [C]uk us /steɪk/
stake noun [C] (SHARE)
- He has no financial stake in the company.
- With a 50 percent stake in the company, it must be tempting to cash it in.
- Walker will retain a 30 percent stake in the business.
- They had planned to buy a 20 percent stake in the company.
- He left his wife and family a 38 percent stake in the largest store group in the world.
stake noun [C] (RISK)
stake noun [C] (STICK)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
stakeverb [T]uk us /steɪk/
stake verb [T] (RISK)
stake verb [T] (USE STICK)