stamp noun (LETTER)
- a valuable stamp collection
- She affixed a stamp to the envelope.
- How much is a first-class stamp?
- He sealed the envelope and put a stamp on it.
- a stamp album
stamp noun (MARK)
stamp noun (PROOF OF PAYMENT)
stamp noun (QUALITY)
stamp noun (FOOT)
stamp verb (MARK)
- The lawyer stamped the certificate with her seal.
- Both books have 'property of Her Majesty's Government' stamped inside them.
- She's stamped her name in all of her books.
- Sell-by dates are stamped on eggs.
- The dark red royal crest was stamped on the back of the envelope.
stamp verb (MOVE FOOT)
Why did you stamp on that insect?
stamp verb (SHOW QUALITY)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words