stancenoun [ C ]uk /stɑːns/ us /stæns/
stance noun [ C ] (OPINION)
- The leader's aggressive stance seems to have foreclosed any chance of diplomatic compromise.
- Craig doesn't have a car as a part of his anti-consumerist stance.
- There have been repeated calls for the president to moderate his stance on contraception.
- The UN called on all parties in the conflict to take a positive stance towards the new peace initiative.
- Would you say the government's stance on law and order has softened?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words