storynoun [ C ]uk /ˈstɔː.ri/ us /ˈstɔːr.i/
story noun [ C ] (DESCRIPTION)
He writes children's stories.
I don't know if it's true but it's a good story (= entertaining to listen to although probably not true).
She gave me her version of what had happened, but it would be interesting to hear his half/side of the story (= the events as described by him).
- It's an age-old story of love and betrayal.
- The story is about theft, fraud and deceit on an incredible scale.
- Throughout the novel, the story is seen through the eyes of a detached observer.
- We don't know the full details of the story yet.
- He told the extraordinary story of his escape.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words