stressnounuk /stres/ us /stres/
stress noun (WORRY)
stress noun (PRONUNCIATION)
stress noun (FORCE)
stressverbuk /stres/ us /stres/
stress verb (EMPHASIZE)
- The bishop stressed the importance of faithfulness in marriage.
- I must stress that these are only preliminary findings.
- I stressed that this was our policy.
- He stressed the importance of fresh fruit and vegetables in the diet.
- The government repeatedly stressed its support for parental choice in the selection of a child's school.
stress verb (PRONOUNCE)
stress verb (WORRY)