The proposed change in the law would make abortion illegal except for strictly defined medical reasons.
Their salaries are not strictly comparable (= cannot be directly compared) because of the differences in UK and US tax rates.
- The export of ivory is now strictly controlled.
- My father was a real authoritarian so we were brought up very strictly.
- Laws against racial prejudice must be strictly enforced.
- Parking is strictly prohibited between these gates.
- The translator has obviously adhered very strictly to the original text.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: