stringnounuk us /strɪŋ/
string noun (ROPE)
string noun (SERIES)
- She dropped the book on her foot and let out a string of expletives.
- She had a string of lovers before her marriage finally broke up.
- This is the latest in a string of attacks in the region.
- He's had a string of glamorous girlfriends.
- The group is thought to be responsible for a string of atrocities.
string noun (MUSIC)
string noun (SPORT)
string noun (COMPUTING)
stringadjectiveuk us /strɪŋ/
stringverb [T]uk us /strɪŋ/ (strung, strung)
string verb [T] (MUSIC)
string verb [T] (SPORT)
string verb [T] (BEADS, ETC.)