structurenounuk /ˈstrʌk.tʃər/ us /-tʃɚ/
structure noun (ARRANGEMENT)
- The company has a complex organizational structure.
- We have a differential salary structure based on employees' experience.
- The report homed in on the weaknesses in the management structure.
- Microscopy is an invaluable technique for studying the structure of cells.
- Many organizations have a pyramid structure .
structure noun (BUILDING)
- a two-tiered structure
- a rigid steel and concrete structure
- Lightning conductors protect buildings and tall structures from lightning strikes.
- There was a large, ball-like structure on top of the building.
- In a two-stage operation, the multi-spoked steel structure will be raised to the vertical.