struggleverbuk /ˈstrʌɡ.əl/ us /ˈstrʌɡ.əl/
struggle verb (EFFORT)
struggle verb (FIGHT)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
strugglenoun [C]uk /ˈstrʌɡ.əl/ us /ˈstrʌɡ.əl/
struggle noun [C] (EFFORT)
- It was a struggle just to keep my footing.
- The film is about a young police-officer and his struggle to expose corruption in the force.
- Trying to change attitudes to disability is an uphill struggle.
- We managed to finish the work on time but it was a struggle.
- It's a struggle, raising kids on your own.
struggle noun [C] (FIGHT)
- a struggle for supremacy
- There is an eternal struggle between good and evil.
- India attained independence in 1947, after decades of struggle.
- There is a furious struggle going on between the two presidential candidates.
- In the 80s he took centre stage in his party's struggle with the unions.