Meaning of “submandibular” in the English Dictionary

british dictionary

"submandibular" in British English

See all translations


uk /ˌsʌb.mænˈdɪb.jə.lər/ us /ˌsʌb.mænˈdɪb.jə.lɚ/ specialized

under the mandible (= the bone in the part of the face that moves when the mouth is opened):

the submandibular gland

(Definition of “submandibular” from the Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus © Cambridge University Press)