submarinenoun [ C ]uk /ˌsʌb.məˈriːn/ /ˈsʌb.mə.riːn/ us /ˌsʌb.məˈriːn/ /ˈsʌb.mə.riːn/ informal sub
- The submarine sailed deep under the ice cap.
- The submarine surfaced a few miles off the coast.
- The submarine dived just in time to avoid the enemy attack.
- The president has agreed to allocate further funds to develop the new submarine.
- A spokesman for the dockyard said they hoped to launch the first submarine within two years.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: