suicide noun (DEATH)
- All the evidence points to suicide.
- The family were shattered at the news of Annabel's suicide.
- She tried to commit suicide by slashing her wrists.
- The prime suspect in the case committed suicide.
- When the scandal broke , the company director committed suicide.
suicide noun (DEFEAT)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- be a tall order idiom
- be asking for trouble idiom
- be your own worst enemy idiom
- bugger sb about
- lay yourself open to attack, criticism, ridicule, etc. idiom
- like pulling teeth idiom
- make a rod for your own back idiom
- make heavy weather of sth idiom
- spell trouble idiom
- store sth up
- store up trouble/problems idiom
- subject sb/sth to sth