summarynoun [ C ]uk /ˈsʌm.ər.i/ us /ˈsʌm.ɚ.i/ formal summation
- I only asked for a summary of the main points but she's making a real meal out of it.
- He gave us a short summary of the meeting.
- Our teacher asked us to write a summary of the story.
- In summary, the whole affair was a fiasco.
- This document gives a summary of the relevant items of law.
summaryadjective [ before noun ]uk /ˈsʌm.ər.i/ us /ˈsʌm.ɚ.i/
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- ad hoc
- ad lib
- against (all) the odds/against all odds idiom
- all at once idiom
- all of a sudden idiom
- it's just one of those things idiom
- just like that idiom
- make sth up as you go along idiom
- muddle along
- undreamed of
adverb uk /ˌsʌmˈer.əl.i/ us /ˌsʌmˈer.əl.i/