surroundverb [ T ]uk /səˈraʊnd/ us /səˈraʊnd/
B1 to be everywhere around something:
- A county usually consists of several towns and the rural areas which surround them.
- She made her entry to the ceremony surrounded by a group of photographers.
- The hotel is surrounded by perfectly manicured gardens.
- The president arrived surrounded by his minders.
- The house is surrounded by trees, so it's not overlooked at all .
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: