surveynoun [ C ]uk /ˈsɜː.veɪ/ us /ˈsɝː.veɪ/
survey noun [ C ] (QUESTIONS)
- The survey is only concerned with women of childbearing age.
- In the survey politicians came out overwhelmingly in favour of capital punishment.
- We are conducting a survey to find out what our customers think of their local bus service.
- The survey found no correspondence between crime and unemployment rates.
- The findings of this survey are demonstrative of the need for further research.
survey noun [ C ] (EXAMINING)
survey verb (LOOK AT)
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: