survivornoun [ C ]uk /səˈvaɪ.vər/ us /sɚˈvaɪ.vɚ/
He's one of life's survivors.
- One survivor described his torturers as devils incarnate.
- The sole survivor of the accident was found in the water after six hours.
- A ceasefire has been called to allow the survivors to bury their dead.
- The earthquake survivors are in desperate need of help.
- Rescue teams searched among the wreckage for survivors.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics: