sushinoun [ U ]uk /ˈsuː.ʃi/ us /ˈsuː.ʃi/
Examples from literature
- A sushi knife can cut a single human hair.
- At a sushi restaurant, you sit and the table moves!
- In the 18th century, a chef in Tokyo decided to make sushi in a faster way.
- It takes a long time to become a sushi chef.
- People loved it, and “fresh” sushi became very popular.
- Sushi became popular in the U.S.A. with the famous California Roll.
- Sushi was first made hundreds of years ago in Japan, but it was very different from what we know today.