sweepverbuk us /swiːp/ (swept, swept)
sweep verb (CLEAN)
sweep verb (MOVE)
- The article describes the religious mania which is sweeping the US.
- A wave of strikes swept the country.
- A wave of panic swept through the crowd and people started running.
- The hurricane swept across Japan.
- The fire brigade tried to bring the blaze under control but it swept quickly throughout the building.
sweep verb (REMOVE)
sweep verb (WIN)
sweepnounuk us /swiːp/
sweep noun (MOVEMENT)
sweep noun (CLEAN)
sweep noun (WIN)