switchnounuk us /swɪtʃ/
switch noun (DEVICE)
- You turn the television on by flipping the switch at the side.
- Mysteriously, the light came on, although no one was near the switch.
- An additional power switch for the radio is handily located next to the steering wheel.
- She flicked the on-off switch.
- All these machines operate at the flick of a switch.
switch noun (CHANGE)
switchverb [T, I usually + adv/prep]uk us /swɪtʃ/
switch verb [T, I usually + adv/prep] (DEVICE)
switch verb [T, I usually + adv/prep] (CHANGE)