sympatheticadjectiveuk /ˌsɪm.pəˈθet.ɪk/ us /ˌsɪm.pəˈθet̬.ɪk/
sympathetic adjective (UNDERSTANDING)
- You'd think his children would be more sympathetic towards him after all he's gone through .
- She tried to use a sympathetic tone of voice.
- Never having been ill himself, he wasn't a sympathetic listener.
- I tried to tell her about the awful day I'd had, but she wasn't very sympathetic.
- Claire's always one to lend a sympathetic ear if you have problems.
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
sympathetic adjective (SUPPORT)