tackleverbuk us /ˈtæk.l̩/
tackle verb (DEAL WITH)
- The president is clearly in a dilemma about how to tackle the crisis.
- There is a great deal of indecision over how to tackle the problem.
- The manifesto includes tough measures to tackle road congestion and environmental pollution.
- When is the government going to tackle the problem of poverty in the inner cities?
- I felt that he just talked round the subject and didn't tackle the main issues.
tackle verb (SPORT)
tacklenounuk us /ˈtæk.l̩/
tackle noun (SPORT)
tackle noun (EQUIPMENT)