take sth off
— phrasal verb with take uk /teɪk/ us /teɪk/ verb took, taken
- He took off his shoes to cool his sweaty feet.
- When he took off his hat, we saw that he was completely bald!
- Oops - I forgot to take the price label off your present.
- She took off her rings to do the washing-up, and now she can't find them.
- The doctor told me to take off my shirt so he could listen to my chest.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
- I need to take some time off to see my mother.
- I took the whole summer off to work on my book.
- We're planning to take some time off at Christmas.