tapenoun [C or U]uk /teɪp/ us /teɪp/
tape noun [C or U] (RECORDING)
- Your tape deck has chewed up my cassette!
- The course comprises a class book, a practice book and an audio tape.
- Now the data is being transferred from magnetic tape to hard disk.
- The tape jammed while I was fast-forwarding it.
- We couldn't hear what they were saying on the tape - there was too much background noise.
tape noun [C or U] (STRIP)
tapeverb [T]uk /teɪp/ us /teɪp/
tape verb [T] (RECORD)
tape verb [T] (USE STICKY STRIPS)