tapenoun [ C or U ]uk /teɪp/ us /teɪp/
tape noun [ C or U ] (RECORDING)
- Your tape deck has chewed up my cassette!
- The course comprises a class book, a practice book and an audio tape.
- Now the data is being transferred from magnetic tape to hard disk.
- The tape jammed while I was fast-forwarding it.
- We couldn't hear what they were saying on the tape - there was too much background noise.
tape noun [ C or U ] (STRIP)
UK sticky tape
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
tapeverb [ T ]uk /teɪp/ us /teɪp/
tape verb [ T ] (RECORD)
› to record something on tape