targetnounuk /ˈtɑː.ɡɪt/ us /ˈtɑːr-/
target noun (OBJECT SHOT AT)
- Aim for the dead centre of the target.
- Aim the arrow a little above the target.
- When you've aligned the notch on the gun with the target, fire!
- They received intelligence that the factory was a target for the bombing.
- The missile strike was devastating - the target was totally obliterated.
target noun (PERSON/GROUP)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
target noun (AIM)
targetverb [T]uk /ˈtɑː.ɡɪt/ us /ˈtɑːr-/
target verb [T] (DIRECT)
target verb [T] (ATTACK)