tastenounuk us /teɪst/
taste noun (FLAVOUR)
- When preparing meals, you need to think about variety and taste as well as nutritional value.
- Lemons have a sharp taste.
- This wine has a light, fresh taste.
- Aniseed has a very distinctive taste - I don't like it personally.
- We value herbs for their taste, but we forget that they also have medicinal properties.
taste noun (JUDGMENT)
- be a glutton for sth idiom
- be a hit with sb idiom
- be big on sth idiom
- grow on sb
- have a lot of time for sb idiom
- have a thing about sth/sb idiom
- lick your lips idiom
- soft corner
- soft spot
- take a shine to sb idiom
- take to sb/sth
taste noun (EXPERIENCE)
tasteverb [T]uk us /teɪst/
taste verb [T] (FOOD/DRINK)
You can also find related words, phrases, and synonyms in the topics:
taste verb [T] (EXPERIENCE)
- almost/nearly die of sth idiom
- be a martyr to sth idiom
- be a victim of your own success idiom
- be devoured by sth idiom
- get the short end of the stick idiom
- get/have your fingers burned idiom
- go through sth
- ups and downs