temporaryadjectiveuk /ˈtem.pər.ər.i/ /-prər-/ us /-pə.rer.i/
- The salaries of temporary employees ought to be brought into line with those of permanent staff.
- Don't worry, his depression is only temporary - it'll soon pass.
- She has managed to obtain a temporary residence permit.
- The injection provided a temporary reprieve from the pain.
- I rigged up a temporary radio aerial from a coat hanger.
- The lecturer temporarily digressed from her subject to deal with a related theory.
- His famed calmness temporarily deserted him.
- He's temporarily laid aside some quite interesting projects to write the script.
- We might have to employ someone temporarily as a stopgap measure until we can fill the post.