tentaclenoun [ C ]uk /ˈten.tə.kəl/ us /ˈten.t̬ə.kəl/
Examples from literature
- So, when the blanket octopus swims by a Portuguese man-of-war, it takes a tentacle.
- Swim into a box jellyﬁsh by accident and the tentacles poison you.
- Tentacles are the things that look like long legs.
- Then it can hit its predators with the tentacle.
- This animal has tentacles with venom on them.
- When a clownfish chooses a sea anemone for a home, it lightly touches the tentacles with every part of its body to get used to the stings.