terribly adverb (VERY BADLY)
- Tomato sauce stains terribly - it's really difficult to get it out of clothes.
- She'd suffered terribly over the years but it hadn't made her bitter.
- She suffers terribly in the winter when it's cold and her joints get stiff.
- They were terribly injured.
terribly adverb (VERY MUCH)
B1 mainly UK very:
- She's terribly upset because her father passed away last week.
- He came home after three months at college looking terribly scrawny.
- I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to trip you up.
- The form was terribly complicated and I had a lot of trouble with it.
- I used to take plenty of exercise, but now I'm terribly unfit.