the text of sth
"Ulysses" is a set text for the exam.
- The spelling mistakes in the text had been highlighted in green.
- The text is finished, but the pictures will have to be pasted in later.
- You need to demonstrate to the examiners that you have more than a literal understanding of the text.
- The students are reading "Lord of the Flies" as one of their set texts this year.
- At this point in the speech, the minister departed from his prepared text.
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
textverb [ T ]uk /tekst/ us /tekst/
- She spends hours texting her boyfriend.
- He texted me when he set off.
noun [ U ] uk /ˈtekst.ɪŋ/ us /ˈtekst.ɪŋ/