thatdetermineruk us /ðæt/ (plural those )
thatconjunctionuk us strong /ðæt/ weak /ðət/
- The water in the lake is so clear that you can see the bottom.
- It was predicted that a comet would collide with one of the planets.
- She confessed to her husband that she had sold her wedding ring.
- I'm sorry that I wasn't able to phone you yesterday.
- The light was so bright that I had to cover my eyes.
thatpronounuk us strong /ðæt/ weak /ðət/ (plural those)
that pronoun (USED TO REFER)
- The letters that people wrote after his death gave me a lot of comfort.
- He was sent to prison for a crime that he didn't commit.
- Where's the cord that ties back the curtains?
- The work that the students do during the year will count towards their final degrees.
- The yogurt that you bought was really nice - where did you get it?
that pronoun (CONNECTING WITH EARLIER STATEMENT)