the determiner (PARTICULAR)
I just bought a new shirt and some new shoes. The shirt was pretty expensive, but the shoes weren't.
I have to go to the bank and get some Euros.
When we went to Paris, we went up the Eiffel Tower.
Harry's Bar is the place to go.
Can you do the waltz?
Thesaurus: synonyms and related words
the determiner (YOUR)
- She took me by the hand and led me into the cave.
- She grabbed the cat by the tail - which was a rather stupid thing to do!
- "Cheer up, " she said and chucked the little girl under the chin.
- They cracked him over the head with a baseball bat.
- Always remember to bend at the knees when you're picking up anything heavy.
the determiner (ENOUGH)
- I can't do fiddly jobs like that - I don't have the patience.
- She never seems to have the time to sit down and talk any more.
- I'd love to do a parachute jump, but I can't pluck up the courage.
- If we can raise the money, I'd like to get the treatment done privately.
- He hardly had the strength to lift his head off the pillow.
the determiner (EACH)
A/an and the: meaningA/an and the are articles. They are a type of determiner and they go before a noun. …
How do we pronounce the?We pronounce the in two ways depending on whether the sound which comes after the is a vowel or a consonant: …